Welcome to my Academic Profile page. My name is Hawkar Omar. I am Assistant Lecturer with an MA degree in Applied Linguistics, teaching in the Faculty of Education at Koya University in Kurdistan Region, F.R. Iraq
I teach the following subject at my faculty, i.e.
1. Phonetics (1st Year) - English Dept.
2. Academic English (1st year) - Kurdish Dept.
I teach Academic English in the faculty of Science and Health/ Dept. of clinical psychology (1st year)
I also teach Method of teaching in the FEDU, college of basic education/ English Dept. (3rd year)
My research interests focus on;
1. The Use of Social Networking Sites for Language Learning (SNSLL)
2. The Use of Social Networking sites for Educational Purpose (SNSEP).
3. Oral Corrective Feedback.
4. Formative Assessment and its Effects on Learning Outcomes
5. Language and gender differences
6. Cross-cultural differences
8. Formal and National Language